Saturday, May 22, 2010

SPECIAL TODAY! Holly Golightly Inspired Makeup!

Hi loves!
So, I know I've been away for a while now, but I've got some personal issues that I've had to deal with for the past week now. I've had some tough times, but let's not dwell on that, let's have a look at what's going on today!

So, last night I introduced my partner, Taylor, to Breakfast at Tiffany's, which is one of my all time favorite movies and books! It's perfection (well, if it didn't have the racism aspect to it, it would be, but I forgive and blame it on the times) When I was a young boy, my sister and I loved the song "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and in it they mention the film, so when we saw it at the video store we just had to rent it, needless to say, we fell in love with it and Audrey Hepburn (how can you not!) and we've both watched it countless times!

Since getting into makeup, I've taken to noticing and trying to figure out how looks are accomplished (in advertisements, movies, tv shows, everything) and last night was no exception, Audrey Hepburn's look is ridiculously simple, yet devine beyond all words. I watched closely and made notes so I could attempt to copy the main look she has throughout the whole movie.

Starting with the skin she has such a wonderfully clear complexion that I can only mimmick with foundation.
Her cheekbones are perfection (and made even more apparent with blush under them)
Her eyebrows are penciled over to highlight the fullness of them (her makeup scene in the movie where she first meets Paul is so elegantly done: penciling in the brows and brushing it through as she talks on and on) 
Light colored eyeshadow is placed only on the lids and blended slightly up to not show a line
She has a thick liquid eyeliner above the upper lashes that wings out slightly, the liner, combined with a healthy coat of mascara give her lashes such a full look! (I also lined my upper lids to fill them in more, but I'm not sure if she would have),
and to finish it off she places a simple pink or nude color on her lips throughout!

"Hand me my purse, will you darling? A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick"


Audrey's simplicity is truly inspiring and it's amazing how much you can do with just a little makeup!

Love you lots,
Tyrel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment