Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Quest is layed out...

So, after posting some pics of my attempts, I was amazed to find a crapload of support from my friends: everyone sends me links to things I should check out and try, my friend Sharon at work was full of suggestions and is donating me makeup she's recieved as "free gifts" that she doesn't use, and my sister gifted me a ton of her makeup!



It was suggested to me to check out the book "Making Faces" by Kevyn Aucoin which lays out a billion different looks to try and also goes over Kevyn's story of how he got into makeup. Lucky for me, my sister had a copy so I was able to borrow it!

So here's my goal: You know that movie "Julie and Julia"? The one about the whiniest woman in the world who sets out to do all of Julia Child's recipes and blog about them? Well that's what I want to do, but with makeup! I just don't think a lot of my personal life will come up like hers did... So if you're expecting me to tell you how bad my husband (or partner in this case) is and how I hate my call centre job (which I do) you've come to the wrong place! I want to make this simple, you're here to follow me as I learn how to do makeup. I'm hoping some friends will donate their time throughout my process here so I can try the looks on them (just like in Kevyn's book) and not just do a billion pics of me in drag makeup, but we shall see!

So, enjoy and I hope you stick with me through this "journey"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment