Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Making Face #5: Neutral!

Today's face is NEUTRAL! It's a simple, yet slightly glamorous everyday look...


I was having quite a boring downer kind of day today, it was my second day off and no one was around to do anything with: Taylor had school, so I got lunch with my sister, but she had to work, so it had to be a quick one, and the friend I was supposed to lunch with was super busy so we didn't get to meet up either. I'm gonna do a late dinner with my father and sister, cause this is the only night I can see my dad with his scheduling and I haven't seen him for like 2 or 3 weeks :( Taylor's going to the movies with his classmates and I'm just feeling super lonely... So yeah, I wasn't going to do a look today, but figured it might cheer me up some.

1) For this look you start out with some warm-toned foundation under the eyes and around the cheekbone, around the lips, and from the brow done the bridge of the nose. (This is really cool because it gives these areas a smoothed over look and brings forward any sunken in eyes and such)
2) Blend that in so you don't have lines
3) Apply some translucent face powder
4) Pencil in your brows to define them
5) For the eyes, you take a neutral brown color on a sponge tip applicator and apply it to the inner eye, under the bottom lashes, around the outer corner and slightly to the inner corners, BLEND
6) Take a pale flesh toned color and apply to the middle of the eye, blend that out now too.
7) Curl and mascara the upper and lower lashes (Mine aren't that full so I applied a bit of eyeliner to the outer lashes )
8) Take an apricot blush and dust it onto the cheekbones, temples, chin, sides of neck, and hairline
9) Use a neutral toned lip pencil around your lips, then fill it in
10) Cover with a neutral pinky-beige lip color just to the edges of the lip liner
11) Finally take a lighter neutral lipsick and put just on the middle of the lips (this makes them 3D-ish? I'm working on learning this technique still)
12) DAZZLE!


So this look cheered me up a bit. I think it looks decent, not my favorite, I don't think I've mastered it, but it went okay and hey, I'm learning, right? At least I was semi-productive today...

Love ya, thanks for listening, and sorry for being a dramatic Julie... but bleh, I'm just having a total downer day... The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar, that tomorrow, they'll be sun!

-Tyrel

0 comments:

Post a Comment