Sunday, May 9, 2010

Making Face #2: Dramatic!


Here's Some Music to go along with the look...
I'm wondering if writing is a curse of drama, cause right after I say I won't be a whiney girl like Julie from Julie and Julia, my life gets a little dramatic.

It could also be that my next look is called, just that, "DRAMATIC". I won't get into the drama because really, I don't want this blog to be about that, I'm not planning on novelizing my feelings/life through this process. Anyway, Friday was look-less because of a wee bit of drama.

I had a BBQ to attend that was put on my Taylor and a mutual friend of ours, Alexxa. I needed a look that was quick but drew attention quick (I mean realllllllly, what's the point of this project if I don't get to talk about it and possibly recruit some sexy girl models to do my stuff on?)

So I remembered Kevyn Aucoin mentioned how this look was quick and very noticable because he only had 15 mins to prepare Jewel for it. It's one of my favorite looks, a heavy smokey type with sparkle, it just begs people to ask about it:


So it's quite simple:
1) slap on some concealer sparingly in areas where it's needed
2) use a complimentary brow liner to highlight your brows (I honestly can't believe how easy it is to pop them brows, it makes ALL the difference!)
3) grab a nice sparkly color that's neutral and complimentary (supposed to be liquid, but I don't have any :( ), brush over the eyelids and sweep under as well
4) now we're gonna Kohl them eyes! Take your eyeliner and do a nice thick coat over the waterline and the upper eyelid rim (it's a pain, I know, but you'll get a technique quite quickly)

5) smudge that liner into and past the eyelashes using a sponge tip or brush
6) reapply and smudge more til it's nice and dramatic!
7) curl and mascara your lashes
8) line your lips with a nice neutral color pencil
9) fill in the lips with the pencil
10) put on a nice lip gloss and dazzle the world!



Ugh, Taylor is so right that I need a new camera... These pics are awful and you can't really see the lovely pinks/purples I chose for my color :(

Still... It was well recieved by my group and I was asked how it was done :P I might have picked up a model that'll let me make her over too <3

Thanks loves, sorry I didn't update with this last night, was super tired!

PS- Big thanks goes out to my lovely friend Sharon for her donations shown below <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment