Thursday, May 13, 2010

Making Face #6: Colorful!

Today was a pretty good day <3 It was sunny and a meeting at work was held out in the courtyard... I ended up getting off early and had a nice wander through the mall. I got myself some pizza and a diet pepsi, then looked at the fake lashes at Shoppers Drug Mart. Shoppers only has 1 brand of fake lashes that costs around $13 (without the glue, which is another 2.50) so I decided against it since I don't get paid til tomorrow.

I continued reading "The Rules of Attraction" by Bret Easton Ellis, my favorite author who is releasing a new book next month (the sequel to his first and my favorite, "Less than Zero"), so I'm re-reading all 6 of his books before the next one. Finally, I decided it was MAKEUP TIME!

Today's look is called "Colorful" and I don't think it looks that great on Kate Moss, to be honest. Kate is a lovely girl, but the green-gold just makes her look cheap and, personally, like she's playing "makeup". Also, I was SOOOO tempted to venture out of the tutorial today and create my own version of "Colorful" but decided against it. I'll stick with the project, and in the end I'll create my own looks!

Here it is:

So yeah, it's not really hard to do...

1) Use some "sheer foundation" all over your face, I just did regular because I looked up "sheer foundation" and it seems like kind of a bitch to use.
2) Blush your cheeks, temples, and chin.
3) Loose powder on the face, I like this because it lessens your blush a bit
4) Pencil brows (if you'd like) and brush them
5) Use a turquoise-blue eyeliner to do the lower and upper rims of the eyes (seriously, starting to get really good at the uppers)
6) Liquid metallic green eyeshadow is applied to the lids and under-eye (no liquids here, so I used regular, sorry!)
7) Gold eyeshadow is placed on the middle of the lid and blended out
8) Curl and black mascara the upper lashes and lower.
9) Using a flesh-toned lip-liner, outline and fill the lips
10) The apply a simple light-red or pinky gloss
TADA!

That's it for today loves, gotta run off to my sister's place with my boy! She's making us a prime rib dinner <3

Love ya!

- Tyrel

0 comments:

Post a Comment